IAVBC Biosecurity Workshop 2017
2017 IAVBC/WAVMA/World Aquaculture Society
Biosecurity Special Session (June 29-30th) and Biosecurity Workshop Program (July 1st and 2nd)
Cape Town, South Africa
World Aqauculture 2017
Day 1-2: June 29-30, 2017 – Biosecurity Special Session (separate registration with World Aquaculture 2017 conference)
AQUACULTURE BIOSECURITY WORKSHOP (separate registration with IAVBC)
Day 3: July 1st, 2017 – Table-top Aquaculture Biosecurity Exercises (at CTICC)
Day 4: July 2nd, 2017 – On-Farm Biosecurity Evaluation
OBJECTIVES AND TARGET AUDIENCES
To provide an opportunity for veterinarians, veterinary students/technicians, aquaculture producers and governmental agencies throughout Africa to become aware of aquatic veterinary medicine, and the IAVBC approach to biosecurity which will allow any aquaculture operation to meet international (OIE) standards and national regulations for preventing, controlling and eradicating infectious and contagious diseases.
PROGRAM COORDINATORS AND COLLABORATING ORGANIZATIONS
Dušan Palić (Germany), David Scarfe (USA), Chris Walster (UK), Henk Stander (South Africa) representing the International Aquatic Veterinary Biosecurity Consortium, the World Aquatic Veterinary Medical Association, the Aquaculture Association of Southern Africa, and the World Aquaculture Society.
VENUES AND LOGISTICS
World Aquaculture Biosecurity Special Session oral presentations (June 29-30, 2017 – contributed aquatic veterinary presentations and invited biosecurity presentations):
- Location – Cape Town International Convention Centre (as part of the 2017 World Aquaculture Conference)
- Abstracts and Program – all wanting to give oral presentations will have to submit abstracts through WAS web pages. (DEADLINE April 1st)
- IAVBC will invite selected peakers (who will also serve as facilitators for table-top and on-farm workshops)
- IAVBC will organize a full day special session during World Aquaculture 2017 meeting with invited and contributed presentations (see proposed scientific program schedule).
Aquaculture Biosecurity Workshop* (July 1-2, 2017 - table top exercises and on-farm visit)
- Location - Cape Town International Convention Centre and ornamental fish farm in the vicinity of Stellenbosch University.
- Aquaculture Biosecurity Workshop program
- Delegates wanting to participate in the aquaculture biosecurity workshop, must register separately.
*We strongly encourage that all July 1-2 Aquaculture Biosecurity Workshop participants also attend the World Aquaculture Conference, Aquaculture Biosecurity Special Session on June 29-30, where the principles used in the Workshop for developing aquaculture biosecurity programs that can prevent, control and can eradicate infectious diseases, will be introduced.